Judging authority is not an exact science, but this authority marketing quiz will give you a rough idea if you are just starting out, or well on your way to being a big dog. And don’t worry — if you’re a Chihuahua now, there’s always room to grow into being a Great Dane!
Not only will becoming an authority help you with better branding and positioning, but your Google, PR and social media results will be much better as well.
After you take the quiz, feel free to print out this list of just the questions below.
1. Have you refined your target audience or niche?
2. What is your level of education?
3. Approximately how many hours have you studied your subject?
4. Do you have any certifications?
5. Have you won awards for your work?
6. How many years have you been in business?
7. Do you have a website?
8. Roughly how many website visitors per month do you get?
9. Roughly how many pages of content are on your website?
10. Roughly how many quality backlinks (individual “root domains” not links on many pages from the same site) point to your website?
11. How often do you blog?
12. How often do people comment on your blog?
13. How often do people share your content?
14. How often do you guest blog post on other websites?
15. How often do you speak publicly at events or conferences?
16. How much do you get paid to speak per event?
17. How often are you featured or mentioned in the news / media?
18. How often do you update your social media profiles by sharing content of your own or others?
19. Approximately how many Facebook followers do have?
20. Approximately how many Twitter followers do have?
21. How many connections do you have on LinkedIn?
22. How often do you publish on LinkedIn Pulse?
23. Do you have a Google Plus account with at least one status update?
24. Are you active on YouTube?
25. Do you have a podcast?
26. How many eBooks have you published?
27. How many books have you published?
28. Is your book a bestseller?
29. How many books and/or eBooks have you sold?
30. Are your books available on Amazon.com?
31. Are your books available in physical bookstores?
32. How often do you hold a public event or webinar?
33. How big is your email list?
34. Do you show up in Google for a search for your name?
35. Do you have a community or forum on your website?
36. How often do you write?
37. Are you known for starting a movement or coining a popular term in your industry or niche?
38. Extra Credit: What is your Klout score?
Hopefully this quiz will help you to better understand the many moving parts of becoming a visible expert and authority.
What parts of the Authority Marketing Roadmap do you need work on?